Generosity

 I have been noticing lately that my students' folders were tearing along the spine, even after I had taped them. Also, the pencil bag (makeup bag?) that I was using to carry pens, a big eraser, a pencil sharpener, and a pair of scissors was just a little bit too small. I also used to have a Scotch tape dispenser in there, but it no longer fit. I recently started getting teaching booklets from Hooked on Phonics, which are great for my six-year-olds! 

Anyway, I knew I needed to get some new things, but I can't afford to spend a lot of extra money right now. So I started a "GoFundMe" with a goal of $300. I met my goal in two days!! Many thanks to the generous donators!! 

As you can see, I was able to get new folders- plastic ones, not cardboard! I also purchased more construction paper, which I use a lot of, the Hooked on Phonics workbook and stories, a new pencil and supplies bag (my tape will fit now, along with new pencils, which wouldn't fit in the other bag. I also got a few more Walgreens gift cards, which I give to my students when they can read all of the words on their word list (it varies in length with student's age or ability). 

 I am so grateful for the generosity of the donators! I wish I could send them a picture of the things I purchased! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy days!

Chipped teeth

Thoughtfulness