Accomplishments

 Hi everyone! I hope things are going well as we enjoy the last bit of summer and head back to school!

In any case, I thought I'd tell you about one of the boys I tutor. He's been reading about different men who have accomplished great things. Thomas Jefferson, MLK jr., and so on. During his most recent session, he read about Stephen Hawking. But this boy is accomplishing great things too! He's a nine-year-old boy, going into 4th grade, and I have to look up 6th grade words to go on his monthly word list! I really have to be choosy too, because I think that some of them would be too easy for him! He's learning words like appearance, audience, capacity, and concentration. He recently found out that he's going to have a baby brother. I don't know if this little boy will be advance in learning like the boy I tutor, but I hope he won't feel like he's been compared to his brother when it comes to learning. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy days!

Chipped teeth

Thoughtfulness