Tutoring Essentials

 Doesn't it seem like you go somewhere and always forget something you needed? Well, I do that too, when I'm tutoring. I usually have all of the papers and books and games that I need for the specific lesson, but there are little things that I need no matter who I'm tutoring. So, I put them in a zippered pouch that I could just grab and throw in my tutoring bag. (I have a different bag for each student.)

The items that I keep in my pouch are: pens, pencils, a large eraser, a pencil sharpener, scissors, dice, and a sharpie. Not pictured, and what I bring that doesn't fit in the bag is Scotch tape. I use the dice for math games - there are so many math activities that kids can play and learn from at the same time that involve dice. Most of the games I've tried with my math students have been a hit! 

What do you think is something essential for teaching? I welcome any suggestions!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy days!

Chipped teeth

Thoughtfulness