Tiny pleasures

 When my mom made the gold medals for the kids I tutor, I wasn't sure how interested they would be in them. When I gave one to one of the boys, he said, "Can I keep it forever?" So he must have really liked it. Another boy was wearing his again the week after I'd given it to him when I came to tutor him again. This really made me happy! 

Also, I saw the boy out and about one day and he came over and gave me a hug! Even though I make him do math (which he hates) as well as reading, he must really like me to want to give me a hug! It really makes a person feel rewarded when the kids show their appreciation for them. 

Enjoy life's simple pleasure! Make someone smile today! It will make you want to smile too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy days!

Chipped teeth

Thoughtfulness