Learning Olympics

 I love watching the Olympics! So I thought I'd encorporate it into my tutoring sessions this week. I took all of the learning games that each child has been using, and, after having them read their word list (list of words they're learning), we played the games together. The games help with word or letter recognition, and sometimes spelling as well. We kept points whenever someone won a game (I tried to rig some of them so the student would win). My mom, ever the crafty one, helped me make gold medals out of soup can lids spray painted gold, sparkly gold stars, and gold buttons. Then we just added a big loop of blue ribbon to put in over the kids' heads when their session was over and they won! I also gave them a little bag of Skittles instead of just one piece of candy like I usually do. They had fun with it, especially when they got the medals. They had to go and show their moms!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy days!

Chipped teeth

Thoughtfulness