Sour Candy!

 Yes, I do often reward the kids I tutor with candy. They need to win a learning game like Say & Spell, word and definition matching, or the Popsicle stick challenge. (I will describe this in just a minute.)

When the kids win, as they almost always do (I try to make it easy for them to win even though the content is still the same), I let them choose a piece of candy from the Zip-Lock bag I bring with me. The bravest of the kids like to go for the "Sour Warhead challenge." They can't just lick it, they have to put the whole thing in their mouths and keep it there until it gets sweet. Most of the time, they win. But one girl in particular licked it a couple times, then put it in her mouth and instantly spit it out again! Then she ran it under water in the sink until the sour part washed off and she could suck on the sweet part. The Warheads are almost as high in demand as the Zots, so I try to always make sure I have some. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy days!

Chipped teeth

Thoughtfulness