Roll-A-Dice Game

 Well, hello again on this rainy day! It's supposed to be APRIL showers bring MAY flowers. It's May. In fact, it's almost June. I guess that's enough complaining. 

In addition to teaching reading and writing, I also teach (easy) math. One of my students is struggling in subtraction, so I'm always trying to find interesting and fun ways to teach him, since he gets bored easily and loses interest. I also teach him in reading, which he finds much more interesting. 

I went to Google and found some word problem pages for his age! I think they are great! In case you ever need anything like this, the website is https://www.math-salamanders.com/subtraction-games.html 

He also loves the Roll-A-Dice game, which I turned into a subtraction game by making the dice numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5. These are the possible answers when you roll two dice and subtract the smaller number from the larger number. He likes to see which number he should "vote" for based on which number seems to be checked off more than the others! 

As always, I give candy as an incentive to do your work cooperatively and win (or play) a learning game. I know, candy isn't the best thing, but it's a lot cheaper than buying little toys!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy days!

Chipped teeth

Thoughtfulness